On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Eric St-Laurent wrote:

> I understand the need to remove the decompressors hooks, i can live with
> the inconveniences for the time being.

I think everybody can understand that part.

> However, i think that the GPL pwc driver should stay in, regardless of
> the author opinion.  If this situation was based on debatable arguments
> between maintainers, i would understand that the best solution is to
> just remove it.

I'd love to let people just continue using it. But the fact is, at least
from my standpoint, I'd really hope that anything I had written would be
used in ways I asked people to - regardless of license. Now, I don't
usually get into hissy fits, but the point stands, and the golden rule is:
do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Which means that if an author asks us to remove something, I think we
should strive to follow his wishes.

                Linus