On Maw, 2004-09-07 at 21:48, Toralf Lund wrote:
> Actually, our company name is strictly speaking Latin, but I don't think
> it would be right to say that in the USB descriptors. Just like you
> probably wouldn't encode your first name as Celtic (which I think it
> originally is)

Probably Gaelic yes.

As to "special characters", whether a special character means a word
isn't in that language is more complex and depends on the language
I'm afraid.

More seriously it would be good if vendors remembered
 - Not everyone has all full unicode font set so while linear-B may be
leet its not going to make people happy
 - A lot of disabled screen reading tools in the west tend to come apart
if you got much beyond ascii so you may fail S.508 considerations.