Am Sonntag, 28. November 2004 12:01 schrieb Sergey Udaltsov:
> Hi all
>
> I got logitech mx1000 wireless mouse. There is utility lmctl which
> allows to read some mouse parameters - including the battery status.
> The problem is that this utility uses usb_control_msg - which fails
> beeing called from non-root (Fedora Core 3). Is there any workaround?
> Any non-protected usb request? (I think about writing some GNOME
> applet - so sudo is not really an option).

usb_control_msg() is not exported as such to user space.
Which api to user space does it use? The input device or
usbfs?
Additionally which interface and endpoint is used? If it is a
vendor specific request to ep0, then the answer is no, it cannot
be done. Ep0 must be protected. You must write an ioctl kernel handler.

        Regards
                Oliver