Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 06:42:11PM +0100, Manfred Spraul wrote:

So the USB layer overwrites current->pid? Are you sure?

The actual test is
#define CHECK_OWNERSHIP(effect) (current->pid == 0 \
      || effect.owner == current->pid)

Note that it's current->pid==0, not effect.owner==0.

Sorry, that was selective blindness on my side. I did indeed read effect.owner instead of current->pid. As for the current->pid check, I suppose it's superfluous.

Could you take care of removing the current tests? Or replace them with a WARN_ON until it's clear that they are wrong.
They definitively don't achieve the intended effect and only cause confusion. A similar wrong test caused an oops in the proc code, so I did a global grep for ->pid accesses and the usb/joystick code was the only additional instance of wrong checks that I found.

--
   Manfred