Hi all,

I am not very familiar with kernels building but I am very interested in
having successful suspension either to ram or to disk.

On my Sony Z1 laptop, with kernel 2.6.8 and latest ACPI patch, S4/ACPI
is working fine after unloading most usb modules first (which is not a
problem).

With kernel 2.6.9 and latest ACPI patches, S3/ACPI is also working but I
need a video_post in order to resume my radeon video card. Also, I
sometimes need to unload some usb modules (not completely tested).

But when my laptop is on its dock station I have never been able to
suspend.
There is a problem with ehci-hub (keyboard and mouse)  and even if I
unload the modules first. So I was very happy to see some patches (even
if I don't understand them) concerning resuming. Thus, I tried to
compile a 2.6.10-rc2 kernel.
If everything tested apparently works with this 2.6.10-rc2, I have a new
major problem if suspending to ram. And even if I am not using my dock
station! It doesn't suspend and I get something like (from hand
writing):

ehci_hcf 000:00:1.7: USB 2.0 restarted
EHC 1:00, device

acpi-pci-irq-dervie: Unable to derive IRR for device 0000:00:1f.1 ion
no GSI

I wrote these notes on a sheet of paper and they are very approximative,
sorry.

Does this information has some sense for somebody?

Do your patches included in 2.6.10-rc2 have something to do with
improving
suspension/resuming?

Thank you very much for any information back. I am not very familiar
with all of these messages but we can do some testing, and things are
improving because S3/S4 is almost working and many modules are resuming
correctly now, sonypi modules is now
suspending/resuming well, ipw2100/ipw200 too etc.

Cheers,

Nicolas Brouard

--
Brouard Nicolas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>