On Tuesday 21 December 2004 11:12 am, Christian Iversen wrote:

> I can't rmmod usbcore with latest (2.6.10-rc3-bk14).
>
> rmmod / modprobe -r usbcore gives "FATAL: Module usbcore is in use.".
>
> rmmod -f usbcore gives the odd "ERROR: Removing 'usbcore': Resource
> temporarily unavailable"
>
> What's up here?

Hmm, if this is after you get that "fatal error" out of EHCI
during init (which I've not had time to do much with; and it
doesn't happen on any of my hardware) I suspect it's just that
usbcore isn't cleaning up properly there.  All the HCDs, and
other USB drivers, need to be first idled, then removed; but
the hub driver, at least, doesn't get cleaned up.

- Dave