On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, CG wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I can now install g_file_storage.  But I got some strange messages once I
> plug the usb cable to the host and mount it.
>
> First of all, I created a file like that :
>   >dd bs=1024 count=1024 if=/dev/zero of=/root/data/backing_file
>   >insmod g_file_storage.o   (I changed, in file_storage.c, the default
> backing file name for /root/data/backing_file)
>
> I got this first message : Unknown partition table

As you should, because your backing file doesn't contain a partition
table.

> Next, I mount it to /mnt
>  > mount -t vfat /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc /mnt
>
> I got these kernel messages:
> - WARNING : USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
> - USB Mass Storage found at 2
> - ...
> - g_file_storage at91rm9200_udc: SCSI CDB: 28 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00
> - g_file_storage at91rm9200_udc: SCSI command: READ(10); Dc=10, Di=512;
> Hc=10, Hi=512
> - g_file_storage at91rm9200_udc-lun0: file read 512 @ 0 -> 512
> - ...
> - FAT: bogus logical sector size 0
> - VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev 08:00.

Again, that's what should happen because your backing file doesn't contain
a FAT filesystem.

> It doesn't seem mounted.  I also set stall to 0.

It isn't mounted.  Before you can mount it you need to do something like

        mkdosfs /dev/sda

You could even add a partition table first, by running fdisk /dev/sda
and creating a single partition.  Then you would have to do

        mkdosfs /dev/sda1

instead.