On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 19:41 -0800, David Brownell wrote:
> I didn't realize FC3 was mounting this drive, else I might have done
> things differently ... but I think everyone will agree that oopsing
> is not OK.  See the following dmesg trace.
>
> I've seen a lot of messages about similar failures lately, as if
> maybe more distros are automounting removable drives.  But I also
> remember seeing a lot of fixes go by; does this oops have a fix?
>
> - Dave

Not exactly a fix, but did you unmount the drive before removing it?
With my Sandisk Mini-Cruzer, I don't have any Oops-es but I do always
unmount it prior to unplugging it.  It certainly shouldn't Oops on
unmounted-unplug of course.   And it's gnome-volume-manager that handles
the automounting BTW.

--
David Hollis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>