As I said the hang lasts for about couple of minutes. I can't tell from
log where it happens since there are no time stamps in the log, but it
happens when FC3 is "Initializing Hardware..." in rc.sysinit and it
loads storage, network and audio - right after loading audio if the usb-
storage drive is connected, the machine hangs (no response whatsoever)
there for couple of minutes after which it resumes normal boot.

So the boot-up is normal except for the 2 minute annoying hang.

If there is a way to get timestamps in the boot-up log may be we will
have clear picture where the hang is - I will try adding timestamps to
usb-storage debug and see if that helps.

Parag