On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 12:44 -0500, Wakko Warner wrote:
> David Hollis wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 11:49 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > > I don't have access to a machine running Windows.
> > > But, I took the device to the office today and tried it on a machine
> > > running FC2 also. It worked flawlessly. Here at home I'm connecting to
> > > RoadRunner (high speed cable). Is that the problem? Any suggestions?
> > >

> > Ok, so we do know that the device works.  RoadRunner really shouldn't be
> > an issue, I just wonder if there may be a crossover cable issue (a bit
> > of a stretch)
>
> This might be a stupid question, but you aren't changing the MAC address of
> the nic at one place and not at the other?

Not really changing MAC addresses, though it does bring up a good point:
I've often found that you need to recycle the cable modem on RoadRunner
when you connect a different device otherwise it wont give you an
address via DHCP.  Part of their way of making you pay more money so you
can have multiple PCs on the connection I suppose.

--
David Hollis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>