On Tuesday 29 March 2005 2:09 am, Ben Dooks wrote:

> A new patch with this problem fixed, as well as clock resources
> being released if the attach fails.

Looks like you either mirrored the OMAP clock stuff or else
made the same understandable goof I did.  A recent OMAP patch
disables all unused clocks at a boot time (to save power, since
bootloaders often turn on extra clocks) ... which basically
makes misuse of the enable()/disable() calls very obvious.

A fix for that's in the OMAP tree (which is as far as that
"disable unused clocks" patch has gotten).

> +
> +static void s3c2410_start_hc(struct platform_device *dev, struct usb_hcd
> *hcd)
> +{
> +     struct s3c2410_hcd_info *info = dev->dev.platform_data;
> +
> +     dev_dbg(&dev->dev, "s3c2410_start_hc:\n");
> +     clk_enable(clk);

This should be clk_use(clk) ... and likewise in stop_hc(), clk_unuse().

I actually think that the clk_enable()/clk_disable() are probably worth
taking out of the clock API, but haven't made time to start a discussion
about such a topic on the ARM list.

> +/* ohci_s3c2410_hub_control
> + *
> + * look at control requests to the hub, and see if we need
> + * to take any action or over-ride the results from the
> + * request.
> +*/
> +
> +static int ohci_s3c2410_hub_control (
> +     struct usb_hcd  *hcd,
> +     u16             typeReq,
> +     u16             wValue,
> +     u16             wIndex,
> +     char            *buf,
> +     u16             wLength)

... splicing this before the standard OHCI version (for the port power
management requests) is the Right Thing To Do but I thought the main
OHCI core wasn't quite ready for that. Some ohci-hcd.c code isn't going
through the hub request logic, going directly to root hub registers to
powerdown ports (on startup) and power them up (on restart).

- Dave