On Saturday 04 June 2005 11:15, Alan Stern wrote:
> If you get rid of the EHCI driver entirely (for example, rename
> /lib/modules/.../drivers/usb/host/ehci-hcd.ko to something else so that
> modprobe can't find it), does the "Unlink after no-IRQ?" error still
> occur?
I can try that - it brings in another issue - ohci-hcd hangs the system for 2
minutes complete during calling pci_enable_device() for the controller to
which any storage device is attached - ehci-hcd solves this problem. But any
way let me experiment if the unlink IRQ error goes away for good if I
eliminate ehci-hcd.

> You should do what I said: boot to single-user mode, kill all unnecessary
> daemons, and use dmesg to get the SysRq-T output instead of taking it from
> /var/log/messages.

I did that - sysrq-T still is missing modprobe. Will try that once more just
to be sure.

Parag