randy_dunlap wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 01:52:33 +0300 Kiril Jovchev wrote:

 > That happens.  You aren't the first, but there are files and
web pages that warn about these things.  Have you read/studied
these?

Documentation/SubmittingPatches
Documentation/CodingStyle
http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/tpp.txt
http://linux.yyz.us/patch-format.html
I have read just the the first two, when I have send my first patch.
After few e-mails I have found the third link.
But the last one doesn't even open.

And the last two are not mentioned in LKML FAQ.

I'm really sorry to say that, but the documentation in general about OSS is
mess.
There is not one central place for it. All you have to do is dig it from some
mailing lists, forums, etc.
If you are lucky there is only one mailing list and everything is there.
But this is different topic or at least this last 2 links should be added in
the text of Documentation on LKML

Yes, looks all clean and good to me.
Thanks. At last.

---