>From: randy_dunlap <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Alan Stern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>        linux-usb-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: Re: [linux-usb-devel] USB - Stack, Core, Host Controller Driver,
> Storage Driver.
>Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:28:46 -0700
>

>On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:23:54 -0400 (EDT) Alan Stern wrote:
>
>| On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Moushumi_Mazumdar wrote:
>|
>| > Hi Randy and Group,
>| >
>| > Randy, thank you so much for your reply.
>| > This time I have edited the mail as per your suggestion.
>| >
>| > MPC8248 has a built-in USB Controller, which has to be configured in
>| > Host Mode.
>| > And you have rightly said as per my requirement, I need
>| >     1) a USB STACK
>| >     2) a USB CORE
>| >     3) a STORAGE DRIVER  and
>| >     4) a HOST CONTROLLER DRIVER FOR POWER QUICK I or II,
>| > e.g.MPC8266/8248
>| >
>| > Randy or anybody in the group please suggest me which all files (with
>| > path) I should look into for USB Stack, USB core and Storage Driver, as
>| > these files will probably be common.
>| >
>| > Also please suggest me where can I find the files for Host Controller
>| > Driver.

snip
>The HCD is the (possible) problem.  I don't know if there is already
>an HCD for the MPC8266/8248 (Power Quick I or II).
>
>Anybody?
>
>---
>~Randy

This comes up all the time. Unless mot/freescale has changed their CPM you are in trouble. Your chip seems to have a nice PCI bus, I recommend adding an external ehci or ohci controller.

See: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=10737040
or search the list archives for "823 850 host"

Regards Steve