On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:43:16 +0530 Moushumi_Mazumdar wrote:

> Hi Randy and All,
>
> As u said, 'all necessary conversions to a particular printer language
> are done at a higher level.'
> Wat does tat higher level mean?
> Which all r the files that are involved in such activities?

That's all done in userspace, not in the kernel.
I don't know much about it specifically, but it is (or at least
used to be) a class of software that is sometimes called
"printer filters" or "printer filter drivers".
If you google for /printer filter driver/, you can see some
references to them.

---
~Randy