On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:26:38 +0530, Jayaprakash Shanmugam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> When we insmod ehci-hcd, the hub sometimes enumerates as 2.0 device.
> But most of the times it gives protocol error (-71) while reading the
> device descriptor.

Most of the time it is a signal integrity issue. I do not exclude
a possibility of software bug in Linux, but my friends investigated
a few of these, and they were unlucky trace layouts or poorly made RC
harness...

-- Pete