Pete Zaitcev wrote:
On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:26:15 -0400 (EDT), Alan Stern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Oliver Neukum wrote:

Is anyone at RedHat or elsewhere actively supporting the 2.4 UHCI drivers?

Yes, I am. This is a part of RHEL 3 product, for about 3 more years
or so. So far it was mostly usb-storage work, and related things like
OHCI locking rework with callback postponement. But if something
interesting pops in acm, I'll look at it. Unfortunately, this work
is resource-constrained (e.g. I have no time).

-- Pete

By the way.

I have downloaded and compiled vanilla linux kernel 2.4.21, and used as config base the file /boot/config-2.4.21-32.0.1.EL. Then I went with make menuconfig (without make menuconfig the kernel does not compile!), make dep, make bzImage, make modules, make modules_install. Then I created the initrd image and properly configured grub to boot from this vanilla kernel.

The surprise is that the kernel panic disappeared...

For double check, I have compiled from redhat kernel-sources with the same procedure and created a custom RHEL kernel and the kernel panic is there!

So, if you have the time to lend me some advices to where to look, may be I can help to find where the problem is.

Ciao, Davide

P.S. As a side note. At the moment we are installing RHEL on IXS and IXA on IBM iSeries machine and I need to use binary kernel modules supplied by IBM for running those machines, thus using the vanilla linux kernel is not a viable option for production and I need that the solution comes from Red Hat!