Hello!

On Aug/04/2005, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
>
> > In host computer, in /var/log/messages:
> > ug  4 15:21:14 pinux kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using
> > uhci_hcd and address 18
> > Aug  4 15:21:26 pinux kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using
> > (repeating it...)
> >
> > And in /var/log/debug, with HCD debug enabled:
> > Aug  4 15:21:15 pinux kernel: usb 1-1: khubd timed out on ep0in len=8/64
> > Aug  4 15:21:21 pinux kernel: usb 1-1: khubd timed out on ep0out len=0/0
> > (endless)
> >
> > And, if I type lsusb in host computer, lsusb hangs... until I disconnect
> > the USB cable (no Control+C break, so it is some kind of thing in
> > Kernel-host computer)
> >
> > Does anyone have had that kind of problem?
>
> This sort of thing was reported before, and a patch was posted (sorry I
> don't have a URL).  It's caused by a device constantly disconnecting and
> reconnecting, monopolizing the khubd thread and preventing other processes
> (like lsusb) from doing their work.

Is then a patch for device gadget, no? (at the moment, we are using
Kernel 2.4.20 there).

Or a patch for host computer? (yesterday I tested with 2.6.12).

Do you remember if is this patch?
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9403210

(or if you remember aprox. date, Kernel version, author, subject or
something like to me. I have been searching using khubd timed out on
ep0in strings without 100% success)

Thank you very much, I hope that soon I will be able to help somebody
from list :-)

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
        http://pinux.info