> From: "zhouyf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [linux-usb-devel] [help] porting USB Gadget from 2.6 to 2.4 kernel
> Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:56:49 +0800
>
> Hello
>   I meet across some problems, when I  port USB Gadget from 2.6 to 2.4 kernel.
> I move these files to 2.4 kernel in gadget directory: usbstring.c, config.c,
> epautoconf.c ,omap_udc.c and ether.c. There are codes to register omap_udc
> driver and ether driver , but there are no codes to register a bus driver
> and register device . So I failed to run gadget.

Right, the 2.4 kernels don't include driver model support.  It turns out
you can basically just remove that stuff in a backport.  (Even if you're
using the MontaVista kernel, with partial driver model support.  It's so
incomplete that it's useless here.)  The OMAP DMA calls, on the other hand,
are there but much improved in 2.6 ... you can disable DMA for the first
round of porting work, but you'll want DMA to work.

> I know these work have been done in usbd_bus.c , usbd.c,ep0.c
> and usbd_func.c on 2.4 kernel.

No, that's the old Belcarra stuff; don't use it.  It doesn't even
handle DMA.  That means you'd be burning a lot of battery power to
make the CPU transfer every byte by itself, smashing that poor
little dcache into fragments along the way.  :(

- Dave