Hello all,

Do you know what's the best approach to avoid power consuption
while an USB2 device is not in use?

I'd prefer to handle suspend/resume from the driver itself,
but the main problem happens on module unloading. In this
case, if I suspend the device, I can not load the module
again becouse the USB core does not resume the device on probe().

In facts, from usb.c:

100         /* FIXME we'd much prefer to just resume it ... */
101         if (interface_to_usbdev(intf)->state == USB_STATE_SUSPENDED)
102                 return -EHOSTUNREACH;

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Luca Risolia