Matthew Dharm wrote:
A couple of comments:

1) We'll need to move this to Sim-SCSI framework, when that's merged.

Yep, I'll be happy to do that providing all functionality can be kept.

2) Why use short_pack? Why not cpu_to_le16 instead?

short_pack is meant to simplify the or/shift operation. I can't see how cpu_to_le16 works in this way. shuttle_usbat and sddr09 both use the same short_pack macro too.

3) How much of this is common/duplicated with the MD drivers or SDDR09?
I'm especially thinking of the ID tables, ECC calc and such.  This isn't a
showstopper, but it's long past time we start looking to get some sharing
going on.

The media ID tables and ECC code are duplicated from sddr09, as is the parity checking. There is more common code too - the processing of block/sector redundancy data, writing data (by reading the entire block, modifying the parts that the user wanted to write to, erasing the original block, writing the new one), etc. We could share a lot of this between sddr09, sddr55 and alauda.

ID tables and ECC checking code are also present in the MTD subsystem, but I don't think it would be easy to implement these drivers as MTD drivers.

Daniel