Hi all,

  I have a HID device that upon user interaction sends a 237 byte HID
report to the system.  I would like to be able to read the raw data in
user-space.  I first tried writing a kernel driver which works great,
except that on boot-up, usbhid keeps claiming the device before my
driver can get probed.  I could modify the hid-core.c and add my
device to the blacklist, but I really need this to run on stock
kernels.

   So my next approach was to just let the hiddev driver take over and
simply write a user app that communicates with /dev/hiddev0.  If I do
a read() on the file, I get tons of hiddev_events from the device, but
for the life of me I can't seem to find a way to actually read the raw
data from the report!

Doing this in windows is as simple as a call to ReadFile() on the
handle to the hid device.

Can anyone either highlight the steps I need to take to do this, or
point me to a link that describes this process?  I think that this is
one place in the kernel where a little more documentation would be
nice.

Thanks!

-Jeff