On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 07:36:13PM +0100, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Greg KH wrote:

> >> We do not need to raise a discussion about this topic here.
> >
> > That's fine, just letting you know.
> >
> >> I only mentioned ndiswrapper and the WUSB54G to express that this issues
> >> does not seem to be high-level driver related. I always thought it would
> >> be a ndiswrapper or LinkSys Windows driver issue until I bought this
> >> second device.

> >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/rt2400, the stable rt2570 driver
> >
> > I suggest you ask the authors of this driver, not much we can do here
> > either :(
> >
> > Now if you have a problem with an in-kernel driver, then we can help.
> >

> Well, I must say that this degree of cooperation from an Open Source
> project is rather new to me. Did I violate your policy by posting to
> devel directly? Than sorry, just tell me.

No, no "policy violation", it's just that we really have no idea what is
going on in drivers that we don't have access too, that's all.

> All I am asking for are some hints what may go wrong in my case, what
> the messages e.g. mean. If you are not /able/ to debug this problem in
> theory (likely I will have to do this on my hardware in real anyway),
> then please explain why you can exclude a bug in the USB stack.

I can't exclude such a bug.  But I really think it's a bug in the lower
level driver, as this problem doesn't seem to be reported for any other
usb driver so far that I have seen.

> Otherwise, with my currently limited detail knowledge of the involved
> components, I may easily end up being bumped between both projects.

If the rt2400 people push you back here, with information showing that
it is a USB core problem, we will be glad to help you out.  Otherwise,
how are we supposed to be able to help (given previously mentioned lack
of source to rely on.)

I'm not trying to pass you on to someone else because I don't want to
help, I'm only trying to point you to who is in the best position to
help you out with your problem.

thanks,

greg k-h