Alan Stern wrote:
I didn't go through the details of the firmware transfer, but everything else looked correct. It's not obvious why the device doesn't respond to your program.

I just found the problem.

I upgraded to amd64 and my driver didn't work at all. Kernel panic ("PCI-DMA: high address but no IOMMU") during the first firmware packet transfer.

Turns out you can't just use the data part of the firmware struct in usb_control_msg context, you have to copy it to a GFP_ATOMIC buffer. Oops!

After fixing that, I get an interrupt at the point when it is expected.

You hereby have permission to slap me silly :)

Daniel