On Mar 23, 2006, at 7:11 PM, Craig W. Nadler wrote:

Kumar,

If I understand you correctly you have both an embedded/localbus EHCI
core and EHCI on the PCI bus. If this is the case then you could clone
ehci-hcd.c and use it as the basis for a driver for the embedded EHCI
core. Instead of including ehci-pci.c in the cloned code you would
include the platform specific code for your embedded EHCI. You would
need to change the "Kconfig" file and "makefile" in drivers/usb/ host to
compile the module for the embedded EHCI under a different name.

Thanks. I was looking for a solution that we could push upstream. I can handle hacking it so it builds :)

One possiblity would be to move the code related to module_init/ module_exit into their own files that get build as separate objects from ehci-hcd.c.

I was trying to build the USB EHCI host controller support as modules
for a PowerPC 834x which also has an embedded EHCI (and PCI enabled).

I get the following build error:

In file included from drivers/usb/host/ehci-hcd.c:895:
drivers/usb/host/ehci-fsl.c:365: error: redefinition of '__inittest'
drivers/usb/host/ehci-pci.c:363: error: previous definition of
'__inittest' was here
drivers/usb/host/ehci-fsl.c:365: error: redefinition of 'init_module'
drivers/usb/host/ehci-pci.c:363: error: previous definition of
'init_module' was here
drivers/usb/host/ehci-fsl.c:365: error: redefinition of 'init_module'
drivers/usb/host/ehci-pci.c:363: error: previous definition of
'init_module' was here
drivers/usb/host/ehci-fsl.c:366: error: redefinition of '__exittest'
drivers/usb/host/ehci-pci.c:369: error: previous definition of
'__exittest' was here
drivers/usb/host/ehci-fsl.c:366: error: redefinition of 'cleanup_module'
drivers/usb/host/ehci-pci.c:369: error: previous definition of
'cleanup_module' was here
drivers/usb/host/ehci-fsl.c:366: error: redefinition of 'cleanup_module'
drivers/usb/host/ehci-pci.c:369: error: previous definition of
'cleanup_module' was here

Which makes sense based on how ehci-hcd.c includes "ehci-fsl.c" and
"ehci-pci.c".  I was wondering if there were an thoughts on how to
address this so I can build as a module..

- kumar