On Thursday 30 March 2006 1:55 pm, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, David Brownell wrote:
> >
> > Actually, I'd say it's OK to assume that.  It's an error if the
> > gadget driver issues more than one response to a setup() callback,
> > or issues a response when no setup() is pending.
>
> But what if the gadget driver issues a single response in two parts?  That
> is, instead of issuing a single 128-byte response, it queues two 64-byte

Doesn't change anything.  How would the gadget driver know that
there's going to be more than one buffer in the response?  It's
completely legit for wLength to be 128 and issue just 64 bytes...

Or 33 bytes and 95 bytes?  Linux-USB doesn't combine buffers to
create packets, it would need to check for cases like that too.

The "one response" rule is simple and easy to implement and
explain.  Anything else would be complex, and thus error prone.
Plus it'd be rather nonportable.

- Dave