Peter Chubb wrote:
I don't understand.  Are you saying that when a USB device identifies
itself with VendorID 0x3f0 it's sometimes not from HP?

Oh, I didn't realise that these were HP ID's. The original USBAT-based flash devices must have the same ID as the USBAT2 then. I can't find the mail where I had some more details about these old devices..

And that there
are HP CD writers that do not have vendor ID 0x3f0? (actually the
latter is possible if HP is rebadging stuff)

Yes, fairly certain this is true (there are some with the ID you marked as flash), and these were reported working a while ago.

I'd accept a patch to hardcode the detection of HP8200 for the HP-id's, but leave the probe in place for the shared ID.

Daniel