> feladó: Alan Stern

> On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Zoltan Karcagi wrote:
>
> > > If you apply this patch instead of yours:
> > >
> > > http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/gregkh-04-usb/usbhid-remove-unneeded-blacklist-entries.patch
> > >
> > > does the device then work?
> >
> > Alan,
> >
> > I think you meant this one instead:
> > http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/gregkh-04-usb/usbhid-automatically-set-hid_quirk_noget-for-keyboards-and-mice.patch
>
> My mistake.  Yes, I meant that one instead.
>
> > The device still fails with that one applied: bInterfaceProtocol on the
> > second interface is 0, so it does not trigger the special case.
>
> I noticed that in your original submission.  Do you know what the second
> interface is for?

Just guessing here: all the mouse related stuff (that's for sure), wireless
link quality and battery level monitoring, and maybe all the extra buttons (for
multimedia, application quicklaunch) and the "zoom slider".

I can post the output of lsusb  with all the reports if that helps.
Do you want me to do that? (Warning - size is around 30k - lots of reports on
that second interface. )

(Trying to repost, spamassasin killed my first attempt...)