http://distro2.conectiva.com.br/~lcapitulino/patches/usbserial/2.6.17-rc5/serialcore-port-V0/

| Yeah, I've been following the discussion though I didn't look into the
| patches yet.

 Please, do that if you can, more reviewers the better.

| What I'm interested in is high-speed USB bulk driver that
| looks like a tty for user-space and can handle any device that provides
| at least one pair of raw data bulk endpoints. For those beast doesn't
| seem to exist, I think I need either to write one, or to modify the
| generic one for higher speeds. As far as I understood from the
| announcements, existing drivers are to be ported to the new design
| anyway. Do you think I should better implement it on top of your patches
| then?

 I'd say yes only if it's easier for you, otherwise don't.

 The Serial Core port is highly experimental, and even if it's
something that will get merged in the future, people will not get
the benefits of your work anytime soon.

--
Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino