> Hi,

hi,

> I am working on an tool which is used for end to end testing of a
> telephone network. As a part of the tool, we have mobiles connected to
> the system (with kernel-2.6.16.13). The mobiles(CDC devices) being used
> are USB 2.0 full speed devices and are connected to the system using USB
> 2.0 high speed hubs. The device driver used to communicate to the
> mobiles is "generic usb-serial driver". A maximum of 32 mobiles are
> connected to one root hub(UHCI port) using hubs.
>
> One of the basic tests performed using this application is continuous
> power-on/power-off of the mobiles for 200 cycles. From the application,
> AT commands(for power-on and power-off) are passed to the mobile through
> the "generic usb serial driver". When this testing is in progress,
> suddenly system got hanged. We could not see any pointer for the system
> hang, from the logs(/var/log/messages). Till the point of time the
> system got hanged, everything seems to be normal from the logs. And as
> the system got hanged, the logging stopped suddenly.

is it your system or just the program that got hanged? since your
kernel is pre-emptible, there should be something really wrong going
on to hang your system completely. may be u should try enabling the
magic sysrq and use its SAK command. if there is any kernel oops, you
can also get the call trace which would be very nice.

also, since you've got oprofile enabled, if you could get back to a
normal system, you can analyse the dump of the collected statistics to
understand where your system was wandering during the hang period.

BTW, it'd be nice to post the relevant portions of your program source code too.

> What could be the reason for this behavior? Please find attached the
> .config file. Should I have to enable any debug options which may help
> to locate the pointer for system hang?
> Please let me know if any further information is required. Please share
> your experience.

jinesh.