From: WolfgangMües <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: linux-usb-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 11:53:35 PM
Subject: Re: [linux-usb-devel] USB performance bug since kernel 2.6.13
(CRITICAL???)

On Saturday 14 October 2006 01:02, Open Source wrote:
> Either the problem is in the ehci code or in devio.c.  In
> devio.c the user space process calls an ioctl to reap the
> urb (blocking until it is complete).  The asynchronous
> callback for the urb is called when the urb is unlinked
> and that callback (async_completed in devio.c) signals
> the wait object that the ioctl has added to the wait queue.

The wakeup adds the waiting user process to the list of running
processes, and the next timer tick will schedule this user process. And
this is the delay you get: from the time of the wakeup call to the time
the schedule is done. And if the schedule is done with 100 Hz, you will
get a mean value of 5ms delay.

regards
Wolfgang

--
Das Leben kann nur rückwärts verstanden,
muß aber vorwärts gelebt werden.