Hi,

Am Samstag, 4. November 2006 21:38 schrieb David Brownell:
> If you've designed it so that the unrestricted requests can change
> device state, that's the design problem.  Classic examples include
I am doing exactly that ... ok, bad idea.

> And if you're using _only_ control requests it should be easy to
> do this right.  You'll only get one control request at a time,
Yes, i will. But they are related to each other. E.g. a i2c read-after-write
transfer will be done using two consecutive control transfers (a write
and a read request). If someone sends e.g. another write command
inbetween things will go wrong.

> unless the host aborts one (maybe the firmware was too slow?)
> and starts a new one ... easy enough to detect that case.
I think i have to use int endpoints ...

> Along the lines of http://www.obdev.at/products/avrusb/index.html
> I presume ... maybe even http://www.harbaum.org/till/lcd2usb/  :)
Yes! But since that one never had a kernel driver i never noticed these
problems. And i never tried to run the same libusb based client application
twice ...

> Given that it's low speed, you do have the technical option to
> use interrupt IN and OUT transfers.  I'd not think that lcd2usb
Yes, that sounds like the right thing to do.

Thanks for your feedback. It's greatly appreciated.

Till