On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 10:52:27 -0500 (EST), Alan Stern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We are led to the following reasoning:
>
>       CB and CBI can't pass the LUN value as a control parameter,
>       but only as part of the CDB.
>
>       If scsi_level is 0 then the LUN value won't be passed in the CDB.
>
>       Hence any device using CB or CBI with scsi_level == 0 _must_
>       be single-LUN.
>
> Pete, I imagine this will solve your problem better than your proposed
> change.

OK, the patch works, although the /proc/scsi/scs now looks like this:

Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: AMI      Model: Virtual CDROM    Rev: 1.00
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: ffffffff
Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: AMI      Model: Virtual Floppy   Rev: 1.00
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: ffffffff

> -             sdev->scsi_level = sdev->sdev_target->scsi_level = SCSI_2;
> +             if (sdev->scsi_level > SCSI_2)
> +                     sdev->scsi_level = sdev->sdev_target->scsi_level =
> +                                     SCSI_2;

This looks a little ugly. Can we have this instead:

                if (sdev->scsi_level > SCSI_2) {
                        sdev->scsi_level = SCSI_2;
                        sdev->sdev_target->scsi_level = SCSI_2;
                }

The 0x1A is still there. I looked at the code and it seems observing
use_10_for_ms everywhere. But also both sd and scsi_lib can reset it
to zero if things go wrong, which is what may be happening. I think
a couple of printks may clear up the picture.

-- Pete