On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Jon Smirl wrote:

> On 1/19/07, Oliver Neukum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I did the dirty deed. Could you please tell me which quirky devices
> > you know of? I am afraid this list needs to be populated and there
> > are outstanding regressions in Adrian's list.
>
> ID 0471:0155 Philips Electronics PSC805
>
> From the long thread it looks like this external audio device won't
> resume without being reset.

I received the device in the mail today and tested it.  My experience
echoes yours exactly, except that I didn't actually try to use the device
after resuming it.  I presume you have tried and it doesn't work?

Anyway, the story is this.  As far as usbcore is concerned, the device
_appears_ to work fine.  It suspends and resumes okay.  The device status
fetch done by finish_port_resume() succeeds.  The HID driver resubmits its
interrupt URB, and the device sends back NAKs.

But the power LED doesn't turn back on.  The device behaves precisely the
same regardless of whether it is connected to an Intel UHCI, a VIA UHCI,
or an NEC OHCI controller.  This really does appear to be a bug in the
device.  Maybe it wants some special command before it will wake up
fully... but a reset works just as well.

This looks like a prime candidate for a quirks entry.  I will create one
later on.  And I'll mail the device back early next week.