Le mardi 06 février 2007 à 22:55 +0100, Frédéric Riss a écrit :
> Yes, remote wakeup works under MacOS. I installed the MacOS USB development
> packages which should allow me to dump some USB activity. Do you think
> there may be something useful in these logs?
>
> I suppose it's also possible that the device needs some magic command to
> be issued to do remote wakeup. I've read that under MacOS it uses a
> small specific kernel driver in addition to the HID one. Is something
> like that possible? If yes, how can one find out?

I installed the MacOS USB Probe program and I'm seeing a control
transaction from the IR Receiver driver at the time of suspend. The
transaction is described by a structure named DevRequest and containing
these fields:

    UInt8       bmRequestType = 0x02
    UInt8       bRequest      = 0x01
    UInt16      wValue        = 0x0000
    UInt16      wIndex        = 0x83
    UInt16      wLength       = 0x0
    void *      pData         = ??
    UInt32      wLenDone      = ??

I tried to reproduce such a request using:

                status = usb_control_msg(udev, usb_sndctrlpipe(udev, 0),
                                         0x01, 0x02, 0, 0x83, NULL, 0, 100);

from generic.c:generic_suspend when the device Ids match my device. As I
don't fully understand what this is doing, I also tried with
usb_rcvctrlpipe. Neither did produce an error, but neither helped to
enable the device to initiate a remote wakeup.

I'd appreciate some advice about that. Is it possible that this command
is what's needed to make remote wakeup work? Should I try to put the
above call at some other place in the suspend process?

I can try to dig other information out of the traces, if someone tells
me what to look for.

Fred.