On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Jon Smirl wrote:

> On 2/13/07, Alan Stern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It's possible that after resuming, the device is still functional but in
> > some weird state.  Perhaps sending it the right sort of HID messages would
> > get it fully working again.  But I don't want to mess around with
> > experimenting and writing all sorts of special-purpose programs to test it
> > -- particularly since a simple reset will do the job.
>
> So what's the plan? A blacklist entry that says reset needed on resume?

Maybe.  At the moment I don't have a definite plan.

I did run another test.  Before suspending, the device responds to the
dial and the mute button by sending messages to the computer.  After
resuming, it does not send any messages when I twist the dial or press the
button.  I think we should assume the device can't resume properly and
will always need a reset.