On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Linos wrote:

> Wow your trick save my life :), it works like a charm, it detects now
> and print very well in cups hehehe, many thanks Alan. The problem i have
> now it is that i will have to patch any new kernel version with this
> hack and i will have to admin about 70 Debian machines with different
> hardware, i think that without debian binary kernels can be like live in
> the hell. Do you know any way to try that it would be patched in
> mainstream linux kernel?

Oliver:

Are you maintaining usblp now?  This particular printer has both
bInterfaceClass and bInterfaceSubClass set to 255, but bInterfaceProtocol
is 2 and it seems to work with that setting.

Details are in the earlier messages of this thread.  Can we just add a new
type of quirk, like USBLP_QUIRK_IGNORE_CLASS, for usblp_select_alts()?