On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, Jon Smirl wrote:

> I was wondering if this was a hint that the wifi devices aren't
> supposed to be suspended either. Most wifi devices have an embedded
> processor that would need to keep running. Wifi has a mode where it
> says: I'm going to shut down for xx ms and then wake up so if you have
> any traffic for me send it in the window where I'm awake. Wifi is
> pretty optimized for power savings since it is designed for battery
> operation. If you suspend the device I don't know if this wake in a
> window mode will keep working.

I don't know about "aren't supposed to be suspended".  According to the
USB spec, _every_ device has to be able to handle being suspended.  There
is no way for a device to tell the computer "Please don't suspend me!"

In particular, not having a REMOTE WAKEUP attribute doesn't mean that.  It
means: "If you suspend me, I won't ever ask you to wake me up."  Now, if
some drivers want to take that as a hint not to suspend the device, then
okay -- but it isn't a standardized meaning.