On Saturday 24 March 2007 11:58 am, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> Am Freitag, 23. März 2007 20:08 schrieb David Brownell:
>
> > ... no, that's a special case.  Oddball devices that implement halt
> > status on ep0 must allow clear-halt requests for it too.  See 8.5.3.4
> > and (especially) the end of 9.4.5 ...
>
> So not clearing and retrying is a bug?

Retrying wouldn't do much good now would it?

I'd say that devices needing such a clear-halt are worth a quirk
flag.  This is a quirk that should (only?) be autodetected.

> > Linux "should" handle such oddball devices.  Is it clear that this
> > is one of those cases?
>
> How do I find out?

If the quirk is set, you have the answer.  :)

I suggest that when ep0 stalls you look at its endpoint status to
see if the HALT bit is set ... if it is, set the quirk flag.

- Dave