On Tuesday 01 May 2007, Stefan Roese wrote:

> > can you verify this still works on your
> > hardware? Sanity tested on x86_64.
>
> Works fine on my 440EPx Sequoia board.

Great.  I forwarded it to Greg, so I hope the next batch of USB
patches will include this.

> > The "patch 2/2" needed at least one update; hooking ehci-hcd.c to that bus
> > glue should not have been part of this first patch!  Plus, I noticed that
> > nothing in that second patch set CONFIG_USB_EHCI_BIG_ENDIAN_DESC ... none
> > of this big-endian QH/QTD/... logic would kick in!!
>
> This config option is selected in the arch/ppc/platforms/4xx/Kconfig file (as
> done for PS3 with CONFIG_USB_EHCI_BIG_ENDIAN_MMIO already).

I'd rather see that stuff in the usb/host/Kconfig (even for PS3)
to minimize the number of things that don't make sense without
reading arch-specific code.  If it gets to messy we can revisit
that ... but these big-endian things don't seem that common.

- Dave