--- Alan Stern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear me, what makes you think we are unconcerned?

Probably because this sentence:
> > > There may indeed be a race condition somewhere, but so far you haven't
> > > proved there is or pinned down exactly where.

reads like "Go away and find it then!".

I am well aware that it is *legal* for a USB device to change its interface. My
original point was
simply to identify what on Earth winecfg was doing so that maybe someone could
reproduce the
problem on their machine.

Cheers,
Chris