On Sunday 13 May 2007, Tzachi Perelstein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on EHCI HC glue port for Marvell Orion SoC. The Orion has
> a PCI/PCIE interfaces as well as an integrated USB controller.
>
> While looking at ehci-hcd.c it looks like there's some kind of dependency
> between PCI_DRIVER and PLATFORM_DRIVER. I saw some previous threads
> about the ehci-fsl.c regarding this issue, but I'm sure I understand,
> for example, why in module_init if pci_register_driver fails the platform
> driver is unregistered? Shouldn't these two types of drivers be independent?

If the platform has PCI but you can't register a PCI driver, it's
quite broken.  How broken must a platform be before you fix those
bugs, rather than expect drivers to work around them?

There's just one EHCI driver, but it can have two different kinds
of bus glue in that case:  PCI, and platform.

- Dave