On Tuesday 15 May 2007, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> following the discussion about the split bulk transfers, Alan Stern and David
> Brownell told me I shouldn't use usb_buffer_alloc as a generic purpose URB
> buffer allocated. However, Documentation/usb/dma.txt contradicts this. Should
> the documentation be fixed, or can/should usb_buffer_alloc be used to
> allocate URB buffers ?

I think the doc should be fixed ... avoid using it as a general purpose
allocator.  We've learned better since that doc was first written.  :)

It *can* be used to allocate buffers, in cases where the DMA map/unmap
overhead of the more typical usage would excessive.  So it's not going
to vanish.

- Dave