On Wed, 16 May 2007, Oliver Neukum wrote:

> Hi Alan, list,
>
> here's the patch to introduce anchors for use with "fire-and-forget"
> techniques and a modification for the skeleton driver to use them.
> This should make implementing pre/post_reset and suspend/resume
> much easier.

This won't build because you forgot to export usb_unanchor_urb().

You could make usb_init_anchor() non-inline.  I'm not sure where
tradeoff lies, but you might be over the limit.

I don't like the way you combined the error handling in usb-skeleton
with the anchor stuff.  Better to keep the two things in separate
patches.

There's no need for the version of skel_draw_down() which acquires the
mutex.  You use it only in skel_flush(), so you might as well acquire
the mutex in the caller.