On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 15:54:22 -0400, "Jon Smirl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm working on the Ralink rt2x00usb driver. It is getting stuck in a
> state where the receive urb is returning -75, EOVERFLOW. It promptly
> ignores the error and resubmits the urb. Which comes back again with
> EOVERFLOW. What does this error mean and how should it be handled?

A babble happens when a device tries to send more than the host has
allocated to the transfer. If the device insists on sending full
packets, reissuing the same transfer causes a persistent babble.

The way to clear it depends on the cause of the babble.

If your driver issues erroneously short request, fix your driver
(check with usbmon, it shows the submission size).

If the device firmware has gone crazy, reset the device, then port.
This is what HID does, for example, because in it's illegal for
HID devices to bunch reports together.

-- Pete