David Brownell schrieb:
> On Monday 06 August 2007, you wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i have an USB Host to Host Bridge (PL-2502) which can act like an rndis
>>

> You don't mean PL-2501 do you?  The Prolific website doesn't
> talk about a new PL-2502 chip.
>
> Of course it doesn't include any specs for the PL-2501 either,
> which makes it hard to answer questions like yours.

Sorry i mean the PL-2501 but it is possible to configure so it works
like an rndis device (the PID is 2502).

>> device. On a windows pc i only have to use the linux.inf file with a small
>> modifaction to get it work (i have changed the vendor and product id). Which
>> driver on linux should be used ? I thought rndis_host would be the right one,
>> but after adding the right vendor and device id i only get the message:
>>
>> rndis_host 1-1:1.0: rndis get ethaddr, -110
>> rndis_host: probe of 1-1:1.0 failed with error -110
>> usb 1-1: bad CDC descriptors
>>
>> Is this the wrong driver ? How can i get it work?
>>

> The rndis_host driver isn't expected to work with all RNDIS
> devices, that's why it's still "EXPERIMENTAL".  You could find
> out what's wrong and fix it.  :)

Ok but it is the right driver to start work with it, right ?
> However, we've become increasingly aware that Microsoft's
> specs for RNDIS are deeply deficient.  The mere fact that
> you get that error, for example, means that the documented
> requrements for devices are not what their drivers actually
> expect ... which isn't really news, given the other strange
> behaviors (and bugs) in the Windows RNDIS driver [1].  At
> best, using RNDIS seems to be a way to increase your rate
> of bluescreens and rebooting.

It seems to me that it is the easiest way to get an interoperating
driver with a windows host. The "old" Pl-2301/02 driver
does not work with the Win32 driver from prolific.