On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, David Brownell wrote:

> On Monday 13 August 2007, Midhun Agnihotram wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> >     We are have a development kit on which we are trying to run USB
> > host port. The drivers are from the vendor. The kernel recognizes the
> > USB host controller. But as soon as we insert a USB flash drive, the
> > kernel hangs with the following error:
> >
> > usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -110

I'm not surprised the system gets hung up.  The urb_dequeue method
doesn't do anything!

> Does the vendor have any help to offer you?  How well do they
> say it should work?  Can they report that it runs for a week
> with all the tests listed in
>
>    http://www.linux-usb.org/usbtest/
>
> which apply to host side drivers?  With lockdep and memory
> poisoning enabled?

Good questions.  With something like this, it really is up to the
vendor to make sure the driver works properly with their hardware.

This version of the source code is clearly preliminary and
experimental.  It shouldn't be expected to work perfectly.