Pete Zaitcev wrote:
On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 22:26:34 +0000, Daniel Drake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Fair argument. I haven't actually tried sending a big urb through USBDEVFS_CONTROL but I noticed that MAX_USBFS_BUFFER_SIZE is not checked in that codepath. I wonder if something else in the chain will reject big control urbs.

But you did want it for something, didn't you?

Not exactly. I am writing a userspace USB I/O library (like libusb), and during testing I realised that I could not submit a bulk URB for ~110kb of data. While implementing the code to divide the request into several URBs, the thought "I wonder how this works for control URBs" crossed my mind. That's all :)

I published the source of my library yesterday:
http://www.reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/Fpusb

Daniel
-