Hi all,

I have a problem with the following (said to be) supported hardware on
a  new kernel 2.6.6:

* Cardbus Controller O2Micro on an Acer TM613 Notebook
  The Controller works well with devices such as my WLAN Card
* NEC-Chip USB2.0-Cardbus-Controller, recognized by ehci_hcd
* Fujitsu Handydrive Data 60GB Harddisk, said to work on
  Kernelversion >=2.6 (both by Fujitsu and some users on the net!)

I'm trying to give a detailed description first; you'll find additional
information here:
* syslog output on http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~dicksche/syslog.tar.gz
* lspci output on http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~dicksche/lspci
* contents of /proc/bus/usb/devices on
http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~dicksche/procdevs

Everything works fine under Win2K, the Handydrive works well on
USB1-Port, too.

When first trying, I was able to attach and mount the drive as a
Highspeed device and use it; at least copying a ~50MB-tarball to it
worked fine. I was also able to do a check with testdisk and create two
new ext2-partitions with parted.

Then, when trying to format the partitions using mkfs.ext3, the drive
suddenly hang and began switching on and off after about a minute or
two. mkfs broke down; I wasn't even able to kill the process with
killall. This behaviour is what I get all the time since then.

Partitioning and formatting on usb1-port works, but again when using it
on the cardbus controller, It will hang if I try to work on it.

After turning usb2-debugging output on in the kernel, I found that the
drive was properly recognized, but errors occurred:
        SCSI error: <3 0 0 0> return code = 0x6000000
        end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 0
        Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 0
        lost page write due to I/O error on sda

Later I also found that my eth0 port - running on the same irq 10 -
won't work any more, although I wasn't told any irq conflicts or errors.
But this is not 100% reproducable, as in some cases eth0 will carry
on... I think it depends on how long I leave the disk plugged in when
getting the usb-errors.

Can anybody help me? I know that usb2.0 support is still buggy, but the
applied hardware is all said to be supported.

Regards,
Timo Dickscheid