--- Alan Stern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All normal except the last part.  Reformatting the
> filesystem should
> fix it.  Or creating a partition table and then
> putting a filesystem
> on a partition.

Exactly what I did,.. moved the data off, reformatted
it and
then dropped it all back.

> > Then the 4-slot USB reader:
>
> Your log shows the reader being plugged in and out
> several times.  Did
> you do that or is it more hardware errors?

Ah yes,.. my fault, wasn't sure the cable was going in
properly.

> > Tomorrow I'm going to temporarily remove the SATA
> > drive that has Linux on it
> > and put in a junky IDE and install XP,.. Just to
> > see how the tuner device
> > behaves with an alternate OS with the same
> > hardware.
>
> Good idea.  Sometimes you simply run across two
> incompatible pieces of
> hardware.  They just don't work together, even
> though each one works
> okay with other machines or devices.

See what happens with XP.

Jim.....

How would you spend $50,000 to create a more sustainable environment in
Australia? Go to Yahoo!7 Answers and share your idea.
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/aunz/lifestyle/answers/y7ans-babp_reg.html